Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery in Gillette, WY
Many gynecologic problems can be treated with medications and/or lifestyle modifications. But sometimes surgery is necessary. Conditions such as uterine fibroids and endometriosis can inhibit fertility and cause heavy bleeding and abdominal pain. We offer advanced, minimally invasive surgery to relieve your pain and help you start or expand your family. Most of our procedures are outpatient, minimizing your costs and maximizing your convenience.
Transvaginal surgery involves no external incisions, no visible scars and reduced pain.
We can perform many surgical procedures using a hysteroscope, which is a thin, lighted scope that we pass through the cervix and into the uterus. We may also use a speculum or colposcope, depending on the procedure. By performing the entire operation from within the vagina, we avoid any external incisions. This means no visible scars and a faster recovery time than with laparoscopic or open surgery. Some transvaginal procedures we perform include:
- Intravaginal sling – Weakness in certain vaginal structures can prevent you from flexing the muscles that close off your urethra, resulting in incontinence. Our specialists will restore these ligaments and other vaginal support mechanisms to relieve your inconvenience… and embarrassment.
- Myomectomy – We can use the hysteroscope to remove small fibroids or polyps. Patients can usually return home the same day.
- Endometrial ablation – To address certain cases of abnormal uterine bleeding, we’ll treat the lining of your uterus (endometrium) with radiofrequency energy. This procedure is effective, but we recommend using a permanent form of birth control with this procedure — either a tubal ligation or a vasectomy for your partner — to avoid pregnancy complications.
- Loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP) – Removes abnormal cells from the cervix that could develop into cervical cancer. This procedure takes about 10 minutes.
With laparoscopic surgery, we can perform highly advanced procedures with shorter recovery times.
Another form of minimally invasive gynecologic surgery involves a laparoscope (a thin, lighted scope). We’ll insert the laparoscope through a small incision in the abdominal wall, which gives us access to the outside of your reproductive organs. Some laparoscopic procedures we perform include:
- Hysterectomy – A hysterectomy is a procedure to remove the uterus and cervix.
- Endometriosis surgery – Endometriosis occurs when the inner lining of the uterus grows on the outside of your uterus, ovaries and other organs. By removing this endometrial material, we can often relieve your pain and improve your fertility.
- Ovarian surgery – Depending on your ovarian condition, we may remove cysts or the entire ovary (or both ovaries).
Return home within 24 hours and move on with your life.
These procedures are outpatient, meaning most patients go home either the same day or after just one night. Because of our skill and advanced techniques, most patients have a shorter recovery time and experience less pain. If you have any concerns about your procedure, we’ll answer your questions and do everything we can to make you feel as comfortable as possible.